Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hey There Pretty Mama

Dear God,
I don't know how to pray by myself
very well,
but will You please
protect my little nest from wind and rain?
Put a great deal of dew on the flowers,
many seeds in my way.
Make Your blue very high,
Your branches lissom;
let Your kind light stay late in the sky
and set my heart brimming with such music
that I must sing, sing, sing...
Please, Lord.

Prayers from the Ark, Carmen Bernos De Gasztold


Isn't she beautiful, so elegant and peaceful in her nest. Last week while we were outside observing the birds in our backyard we went over to a tree in our neighbors yard to look for some bird nests and to our surprise found this pretty mama Mourning Dove. I am assuming it is the mama here. I read that the female and male actually alternate sitting on the nest. We check on here daily.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture along with the prayer. I love mourning doves. They are so peaceful and I love to hear them...

cryssi said...

Beautiful Post.

Crystal

Sheila said...

I love this post! I'm so excited to get posting some of the amazing desert creatures God created that we've been more purposefully observing and taking pictures of here in Arizona.

I'm adding your blog to my bloglines. I'll come back often!
Sheila