Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Slug Slime

We woke up this morning to a long windy path of slug slime in our playroom. It is always a delight to find the glittery paths of slime along the sidewalk outside but not necessarily on my carpet. we found out that our slimy friends can actually get squeeze under our door! There is no other way they can get in. Last week Superman unfortunetly slimed his sock after he stepped on one early one morning. We were all sad, he was a big one to. T-Rex is completely taken with them and claimed them all as "friends". I looked up some information on these extremely interesting creatures and found a nice little slug friendly site with a lot of information from a true slug lover! Take a look: All About Slugs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when I was at summer camp and I was excitedly running through the cabin to get my bathing suit on to go to the pool and I slipped on something that toppled me to the floor. I investigated and turned out to be a slug. Unfortunately, I was bare footed and the slug was a thin line of slime across the floor. I still get grossed out thinking of this 30 years later! hehe!

cryssi said...

Most slugs around our house meet an unfortunate end...I absolutely cannot stand to wake up and step on one so we keep salt sprinkled around our door way. Sad but True. I just cant tolerate it. We do observe them outside and I keep my distance while the kids watch them. They love to watch and I let them...outside...lol.

Crystal

Dana Leeds said...

Ew! :-) We used to have an outside dog and there were always slug marks in the morning. I love nature, but that kind of grossed me out. Especially when I'd find one. Now that I don't see them so often... and they're not by the dog's dish... I like them a lot better. But, I sure wouldn't want them in the house! :-)