Saturday, August 2, 2008

After summer update!


I am so dissapointed in this summer! I had so many wonderful plans for our little homeschool but all were tharted due to our involvement with the youth group at our church. I am not complaining about being given the privilege of being the youth ministers for a few months during the summer, it was amazing but with the experience taking most of our time I had little time nor energy to do much else.

School will begin on September 7th for us. A little bit of a late start but I have some things that I must do in the whole month of August before we can begin our next year. I can not tell you how excited I am about our next semester! I completely re-organized and re-arranged our play/school room, it took me 2 fully devoted days and it was worth it. I am waiting on 1 piece to seal the re-do of the room and then I will post a picture. I desperately wanted to get some things organized and filter through some of the old things to make room for the new things coming.

I truly LOVE being able to stay home and teach my boys. What an amazing, truly humbleing and down right near impossibly hard experience as a mother. I am amazed at the amount of emotions I feel as I journey down this God ordained path of homeschooling, no one day is alike. I have those completely joy filled days and then I have those what am I doing days and then so many in betweens! I didnt' set out to homeschool, homeschool found me and it completely captured me in all of it's beauty. Later I found the struggles that came with it but the JOY and BEAUTY always overshadow them.

I will be taking the boys school shopping to get them excited about their upcoming year hopefully soon and I am planning on sitting down tonight or at least this week and ordering all of our 2008/2009 school books. I can't wait to get my hands on all of them and flip through each page anxiously awaiting each lesson. I am going to try some new things with my planning this year I hope and I am going to begin now to pray for my diligence and discipline as a teacher.

Stay tuned....

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

3 comments:

Soakin' said...

Don't beat yourself up over not getting everything done that you wanted to do. I think everyone has summers like that. I am looking forward to seeing what your year will look like.

cryssi said...

Sounds like you all have had a very busy summer and are going to have a great school year! I wish I could say the same for us. I just cant seem to get organized. I need to though!

Many prayers your way and blessings for your upcoming school year.

Crystal

Sheila said...

Hi Kelli! I haven't stopped by your blog for a long time...just life. I too am really excited about this school year, our first official year (kindergarten) homeschooling. It is an adventure and a blessing!

Sheila