Thursday, August 28, 2008

Anxious yet Nervous

I am very anxious about beginning our new school year but also a little nervous. I have so many plans and expectations that I fear I will buckle under the pressure and constant demands. I struggle with giving ALL of me as I feel the natural pull of the rest of my house tugging at me and not to mention this world beyond the screen. I lack discipline and battle an emotional force with in me that tries to control where I move my hands in service causing me to take an easier path forsaking my priorities. I wonder if I am alone in this struggle. I long to have a strong accountability that reminds me daily of my God ordained Christ centered priorities as a stay at home mom who has taken her children's education under her wing.

With this idea of accountability this year I have decided for one to put my husband in his rightful place in our little schoolroom as Principal and with that, with him being my authority and and my kind of "accountability supporvisor" I will set out to turn in a weekly and monthly progress report to him, so that I will feel more responsible in my daily educating (as if the future of my children wasn't enough?) and so that he can feel assured of the things we are doing and the progress we are making. I think it will proove to be a blessing to all of us. Also with the reality that we will probably if it is the Lord's will be moving at the end of the year I will need the reports for when we get settled in our new place. (This is not for sure yet) I will also join the Weekly Reporters in my attempts to have more accountability.

I am currently working on our progress reports and praying that God will enable this mom to be 100% devoted to her children and their beautiful individual Growing Minds in our 2008/2009 homeschool year.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone, my friend. I have the same struggles. We started on Monday and I've been really focused on getting it done this year. It has wiped me out, and my house is a bit scary, but it's such a good feeling to know we accomplished our goals this week during school!

I really like the weekly reporters idea - I might have to give that a try. Hope everyone is feeling 100% soon. My family has missed yours!

Anonymous said...

I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU! I ADMIRE YOU AND NIKI SO MUCH FOR HOME SCHOOLING OUR GRANDCHILDREN....AND THANK GOD THAT YOU BOTH ARE WILLING TO DO IT. I KNOW IT CAN NOT BE EASY! BUT IT WILL BE SO WORTH IT!
LOVE YOU!
MAMA KAT

cryssi said...

I am right there with you on this one. I kept telling myself all summer that if I could just get my house under control then we would be ready to start school in Sept. Well, Sept is almost here and my house is far from organized....and we are not ready to start school (mostly because of other reasons.)

Thank you for your honesty!

Blesings
Crystal

Anonymous said...

Sorry this is off topic...

I saw that you're a friend of Marsha (drewsfamilytx)'s, so I wanted to ask you to pray for her. If you're not sure why, please stop by her blog or my blog.

thanks.