Wednesday, February 20, 2008

3 Great Minds

I have been consumed in 3 great minds over the last couple of weeks, Macauley, Beechick and Mason. For the Children's Sake, Heart and Mind and the CM series volume 6 are prooving to be extremely benificial in the direction and current passion of my heart and mind :0). I am also amazed at how they are all coming together meeting eachother and conversing unknowingly; the saying is true: Great minds think alike. They have crossed eachother many times as I have gone from one book, to the other, to the other wading in 3 intellectual and very spiritual minds who's passions alike are all intwined around the Maker of the 3 subjects discussed of mind, heart and education.

I began reading the CM series in Charlotte Mason's orginal wording before I realized that there was a paraphrased version in Modern English, it has been a lot easier for my mind to decode all of her thoughts. I was reading her series with a dictionary by my side and a continual pause and reflect patteren, slowly obtaining information but not sure how much I was actually retaining able to reproduce it in my own words as I repeat it to my husband, know what I mean? So the paraphrased version has been a wonderful blessing to my mind and my time, though I like to look back at the original for the exact wording.

If anyone has any helpful information on Charlotte Mason's philosphy of education I would be delighted to gain your resources. What are you reading that has been benificial to you?

1 comment:

cryssi said...

I have never read the three books you talked about here. I would love to but not yet. I just finished a book for my teenage niece (I preview them sometimes for her) It is called "God on a Harley" by Joan Brady. Believe it or not, it helped me. I am going to write about it on my blog later today. It was really helpful.


Blessings
Crystal