Thursday, February 21, 2008

Right up our alley!


Our nature walk that is....we stepped out our back door into Nature to enjoy His creation! Really that is as far as you have to go sometimes, very exciting and dangerous! Posted on almost every chain length face we read this: Beware of Dogs, and the sounds of thunderous barking followed us like a wave, I tried to shut my mind off my fears and imagine that their bark is probably worse than their bite.

It wasn't a long journey just around the block but we did find a lot of interesting things to ponder at. Superman was on a search to find a stick bug while T-Rex was looking for roley poleys, beautiful Butterfly was just along for the ride and I was just delighted to enjoy His creation together. I had to re-focus little eyes and minds off of little "treasures" and onto leafs, sticks and trees in search of intrigueing creatures and mysterious wonders of plant life.

Superman carried the bug habitat just incase we found an interesting creature to bring home, like a stick bug. T-Rex was packed with a clear back pack to collect objects of interest and to make him feel very important! Under each picture are the curious questions and statements that the object of interest brought about from little or bigger minds.

Want to see what we saw...

I wonder what type of weed this is? It is very interesting.

Wow... a HUGE ant hill.

Does a squirrel live in that hole?

What kind of flower is that? It is my favorite color.

Look at this! Feel it, it is soft, I have never felt a piece of wood soft like this before!

Hey, look what is that! A snake, I wonder what kind he is? and where is his head?

My little T-Rex holding a stick he found and a flag!

Okay so the water meters in front of everyone's house was the most interesting place to find hiding bugs! Go figure.



Here is our complete collection after we go home. The big piece of wood was a home for a lot of roley poleys.

Superman decided he wanted to learn more about the snake we found and the piece of wood that mysteriously feels like a sponge. He can not understand how it is so soft unlike any pieces of wook he has every felt before. :0) Thanks Barb for the encouragement in the Green Hour!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Awesome blog entry! It really looks like your boys had fun and I love the idea to look in the water meters for bugs...we used to do that as kids. :)

Thank you so much for posting your link and I look forward to seeing what you do next time.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom
PS love your music!

PJ Academy said...

So fun!!! I wish the weather would cooperate with us here ao we could go outside!!! I'm thinking in the teens is a bit to cold LOL =)

I copied you (hope you don't mind)
I love the idea of a mom blog and a home school blog!!!

So visit anytime =)
Jennifer

Lori C., Texas said...

Sounds like you all had a great nature walk. I am hoping to go on one with my kiddos tomorrow. It is suppose to beautiful. Love the pictures.:)

Tina in WA said...

Great pictures! LOL of the snake picture... I was looking at it thinking it was a snake, read the first part of you entry about it and looked and the picture again, thinking "Where's the head?". LOL

It is really neat seeing everyone's entries.

~Tina