Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our GMW Daily Adventure

This is our daily plan or adventure as I like to think of it, though it is in the process of transforming into a better fit for us... all times are simply a guide

Before Breakfast: 7:30
• Room
• Dressed
• Trash and Table Chores(empty & set)

Before School: 8:00
• Kitchen Chores (clear, wipe and sweep)
• Teeth and Hair (brush & fix)
• Quick clean up
• Couch Time: Family Meditation (in the word) and Dedication (in prayer)

School: 8:00-11:30
• Math 20-30m (Horizons)- I may put our Cursive here considering his eagerness
• Break with Game for E&K-Art on Wednesdays
• Grammar 10m (Simply Grammar)
• Spelling 5-10m (Spelling Wisdom)
• Break for FREE play (together) Art on Mondays
• History 20-45m (SOTW)
• Break with short fun read aloud
• Science 20-45m (106 Day/Condsidering God’s Creation)
• Nature Mission (daily seek&find or make&design)
• Independent Reading (different days different subjects) while I fix lunch if not helping

*We will try to do as much outside in the beginning fall months as possible and I will not allow us to go over 20 minutes on any subject if there is any resistance and we will take breaks when necessary.

After Lunch Studies: 11:30-12:30
• Kitchen Chores and Daily Chores
• Free Play (closet door OPEN): encourage outside

Before REST: 1:30
• Quiet Time… 30 minutes as a family- I am loving this!!
• Play

REST: 1:30-3:30ish
• Alternate Dessert Time with “Composer Name” and Table Time with “Artist Name”(picture study, read aloud or other)
• My Cleaning Block
• Bible and prayer time with Eli
• Computer Block
• And reading Block


Before 5:30 Dinner
• Latin Studies with Daddy
• Clean up from the day rooms and fingers!
• Table Chores (set the table)

Before 8:00 Bedtime
• Kitchen Chores
• Bath* and PJs
• Family Time: communion, worship (with Hymn study) and prayer
• Boys Read Aloud: currently: The Runaway Mouse

I will post what we are using soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a do-able schedule (unlike some of my past ones which were impossible to accomplish LOL).

I would like to know more about your independent reading - what are the days/subjects?

cryssi said...

Your schedule looks great. I am glad your books got there and that things are smoothing out for your family. I cant wait to hear more about your move and all the wonderful things God is doing in your life. Please continue to post updates on how your days are going. They are so encouraging to a new homeschooling mom!

Blessings
Crystal

ps..that is so cute how butterfly wants to do school too. My littles one is always bringing me books while I am trying to work with the older ones...I just put him in his high chair and he colors or reads..and when I have a few minutes, I read to him..

Latte said...

Thanks for leaving a schedule. I like your blog where you recapped by subject. Very cool idea!

Latte